05 Sep 2010 Leave a comment
16 Jul 2010 1 Comment
(Shon made these adorable Robot costumes out of cardboard boxes – he did a wonderful job!)
Raleigh’s 3rd Birthday!
with a secret compartment in the back for a special toy
Drinks – with a sign GREASE, OIL & LUBRICANTS
NUTS & BOLTS, COMPUTER CHIPS
Happy Third Bithday Raleigh Banner that Dad made… thanks, love. we love it!
Veggie and tofu tacos… yummy. really nice!
13 Jul 2010 1 Comment
in Custom T-Shirt Blankets, Holiday Treats, Kristas' Kreations, My Etsy Shop, Promotions, Reduce Reuse Recycle, sewing Tags: bands, Christmas, custom, Etsy, fireman, fraternity, gift, handmade, heirloom, holiday, jewish, keepsake, memories, patchwork, quilt, sorority, sports, t shirt blanket, travel
Take your older t-shirts from your sorority, bands, sports, college, high-school, girls/boy scouts, ANYTHING.. take those t-shirt and gather them up.
You can gather: boxers, handkerchiefs, scarves, socks, fabric..anything fabric and I’ll sew them together in a unique, custom-made t-shirt blanket that you can keep forever and cherish those memories by hugging them on the couch at night.
Keepsake…Heirloom… you can even pass it down.. how sweet…
I normally ask for two weeks once I receive the shirts. However, I can finish a blanket sooner if needed.
I take pictures of every step and ask for approval before going on to the next step.
I will make the blanket however you want. Anything goes. One fixed price.
- Cutting of shirts
– Sewing, thread, time
– Fabric (if needed)
– Batting (1/2 inch padding)
I can work in payments if needed.
I accept: PayPal, Personal Check, Money Order & Trade
Please ask me anything. I am open and have fun doing this. I am approachable and flexible.
Thank you for your interest and time.
(Krista.Lawhon@gmail.com and on FB)
12 Dec 2008 1 Comment
Krista’s Christmas Granola Recipe
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1 cup finely chopped pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment.Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, oil, apple sauce, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Stir once halfway through. Cool, then stir in the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.
31 Oct 2008 1 Comment
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Separate the seeds of a freshly carved pumpkin from the stringy membrane. Rinse the seeds just until they are free of any membrane matter. This may take several washes and rises.
The last wash, keep the water in the bowl with the seeds and add salt.
Soak for 20 minutes.
Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.