Oh my goodness… I was not at all in the mood to cook tonight, but I found myself motivated by the idea of a baked pasta… I looked into my fridge to see what we had in the veggie bin… and the idea hit me… this is what I did…
- olive oil
- chopped tomatoes with juice.. 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 pepper if you like – I don’t because my kids eat it..
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- a bit of cauliflower
- one stick of celery
- a bit of broccoli
- a zucchini / squash
- garlic – I use 5 cloves.. but that’s a lot
- herbs: fresh thyme, oregano, sage, parsley, basil, garlic chives (whatever you have)
- tofu – one block – FIRM or Extra FIRM
- red wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
I cook my pasta with boiling water salt and a bit of oil.. drain pasta when ready and wash with cold water.. set aside
wash your veggies and cut them into bite sized pieces..
Heat the oven to 425
cook for 5 minutes.. about maybe 8-10
add veggie stock or water if it gets dry
Add pasta to the veggies… mix.. cook for 2-3 minutes..then add herbs
transfer to a baking dish.
add fresh parsley on top.. and serve..