Veggie, Tofu & Rice Cabbage Rolls with Tomato Dill Sauce
– one head of cabbage
– 1 cup of cooked rice
-1 cup (package) of cooked (fried) tofu – spiced up with favorite spices (garlic, salt, pepper)
– A few carrots chopped to bite size
– 1 zucchini chopped to bit size
– one mushroom, chopped
– 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
– garlic cloves, chopped (or minced)
– 2 tins of low sodium tomato sauce (the kind with just tomatoes…nothing fancy)
– 1 the juice of one large lemon
– 1 tsp of fresh dill
– 2 tbsp of maple syrup
– pepper to taste
– 2 tbsp of garlic powder
First boil the head of cabbage until layers come off easily, then soak layers in cold water until ready to use.
Take your veggies, onions and spices and fry in an oiled skillet just brown on both sides
combine cooked veggies with cooked rice and cooked tofu.
Spoon desired amount for each cabbage up and tuck and roll until finished.
Place the cabbage rolls in an oven sake container and cook in a preheated oven: 350 degrees for 40 minutes
Combine all ingredients and heat on low heat until ready – poor on top