- 1 large artichokes
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-7 basil leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup, veggie stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With kitchen scissors, trim all the sharp ends off of each leaf. Wash the artichoke well in cool water. Slice down the center to form two halves. Clean out all the fuzzy hairs and smaller leaves with a spoon then immediately rub all the cut areas with a lemon.Next combine the olive oil, basil, minced garlic, lemon juice, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper in a bowl. Mix until it becomes a paste. I rubbed it all over the artichoke halves and inside the leaves.
- Coat the baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place each artichoke half top side down in a baking dish. Pour the veggie stock in the dish and cover with a lid or tin foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until soft and tender.