- 3 c bread flour
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 packet active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/2 c lukewarm water
- 1/4 c chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 – 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In bowl, mix the water, yeast, sugar and half of rosemary.
- In separate bowl, add 1 tsp salt to flour, mix, then add flour to yeast mix, slowly, until dough is able to form ball.
- Knead on floured board for 10 mins.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, cover, let sit in warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Mix oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Punch dough down, knead a few times to make easy to handle. Shape dough into 2 loaves, place several inches apart on baking sheet.
- Score loaves, pour oil mix on top. Sprinkle each loaf with kosher salt. Preheat oven to 350. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Tip: place a bowl of cold water in oven to make it steamy and keep things moist.