Lavender-Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance or any vegan margarine
- 1 cup vegan granulated sugar
- Egg Replacer (2tbsp water mixed with 1 1/2 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer)
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 tsp good vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lavender buds
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and lavender buds) in a medium bowl.
- Cream margarine, essential oils and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Mix your egg replacer and set aside – do not make too early or it will not be as effective.
- With food processor or mixer running add the dry ingredients a cup at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- With the mixer running add the vanilla extract, egg replacer and soy milk and mix until it is a consistent dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the dough into small balls that are slightly flattened (they will not spread much during cooking).
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Bake until very lightly golden; do not allow to brown (unlike conventional sugar cookies they will not be as golden due to no eggs, for more yellow color add a pinch of turmeric to the dough).
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!