Krista’s Christmas Granola Recipe
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1 cup finely chopped pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment.Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, and pine nuts in a large bowl.
- Stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, oil, apple sauce, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Stir once halfway through. Cool, then stir in the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.