Green Beans, Potatoes and Garbanzo Beans and Cauliflower Sauce Recipe with
Spicy Onion Relish
I modified a recipe I got from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 3 1/2 cups water + reserve (water) from Garbanzo Beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2-3 medium red potatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced green beans, fresh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Spicy Onion Relish:
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- salt to taste
Remove the bay and curry leaves, and puree everything else in a blender.
Return the sauce to the pot and add the chickpeas, potatoes, and green beans. Cook until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes. Check the seasonings and add more as desired.
Add the soymilk and lemon juice, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Mix all ingredients and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. It should be so spicy that a little goes a long way! It will keep refrigerated for several days.
I served all of this over left over brown rice that I had made a few days ago.