First a little info on Bee Pollen and Nutritional Yeast:
Bee Pollen: *
Bee pollen contains vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, lipids, and protein and the Chinese have used Bee Pollen for centuries to assist with increasing energy and libido, fighting acne, aiding in indigestion, assisting depression and helping to improve blood pressure.
*Bee pollen is not safe for pregnant women. A woman should also avoid using bee pollen if she is breastfeeding.
Nutritional Yeast is FULL of nutrients and is a great addition to a healthy lifestyle, especially for those who are vegan or vegetarian. It is one of the few non-animal sources of B-12, is rich in folic acid and many other nutrients and amino acids. This is not your typical yeast and is free of the Candida Albicans strain, making it safe for those concerned with candida.
Now for the Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of Fresh Cut Herbs: I used Purple Basil, Green Basil, a bit of mint and Onion Chives cut the leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Fresh Garlic as many cloves as you like
- tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- tablespoon or less or bee pollen
- salt (I use pink Himalayan salt, but you can use what you like)
- squeeze of lemon
In a blender or food processor, add your herbs…
add fresh garlic
then, bee pollen
about 5 tablespoons of olive oil
add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste
ENJOY on pasta, bread, by itself or in a salad