Our nights are becoming just perfect for our outside dinners. Quite casual and laid back.
Yesterday, I made some home made Seitan and today I cooked up a few pieces of it and glazed it with some ingredients I had laying around the kitchen.
- seitan cutlets cut into little bite-sizes pieces
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce – vegan
- 1/4 cup Braggs or a soy sauce of some sort
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup garlic seasoned rice vinegar or regular
- Rice – I used brown
- garlic – pressed or minced
- vegan butter
- broccoli – all veggie bite-sized
- green beans
- salt and pepper
- Then, a salad of whatever you want
Sauce: Mix all the sauce ingredients together over the stove and simmer for 20 minutes… do not burn… as the liquid cools, it’ll thicken (glaze)
Seitan: Heat oil in pan, and sear both sides until browned. Once sauce is ready, add the seitan…only cover slightly…glaze.
Rice: directions on package or quick search on the internet
Veggies: heat butter and garlic in pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add Veggies, mix. Add a bit of water (veggie broth..liquid) and cover. This takes about 5 minutes.
Put it all together how you want and enjoy!!!