Baby Bella (Portebello) Mushroom Miso Soup
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms (or other mushrooms of choice), stems trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, pealed and sliced
- 2 celery sticks , sliced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 T. ginger, minced
- 4 cups water (or vegetable stock)
- 2 cups Kale or Swiss Chard leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp white miso (or other miso of choice)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Seasoned crackers
- Bragg’s Amino Acids
In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms in the peanut oil for 3 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, carrots, celery and saute an additional 2 minutes.
Add the water and Kale (Swiss Chard) and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, and allow to boil for 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the miso and a little of the cooking liquid from the saucepan.
Add the miso mixture and toasted sesame oil to the pot, stir well to combine, and remove the soup from the heat.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over individual servings.